Thiruvalla (Ker), Oct 14 (PTI) Dr Mathews Mar Severios was on Thursday elected as the supreme head of the Kerala-based 2.5 million strong Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church.
- Zimbabwe is battling tremendous vaccine hesitancy
- Many religious groups in Zimbabwe remain skeptical of COVID-19 vaccines
- To avoid stigmatisation, vaccine campaigners are often encouraging people to take the shots in secret
- "I would like to express to the victims," Pope Francis said
- The report estimated some 330,000 French children were abused by clergy since 1950
- He called on French Catholics to “ensure that the church remains a safe house for all”
- The figure includes abuses committed by some 3,000 priests
- Olivier Savignac, the head of victims association Parler et Revivre, was abused at the age of 13 by a priest
- The priest was found guilty in 2018 and sentenced to two years in prison, with one year suspended
- 3,000 child abusers could be involved in the sexual abuse
- The probe has been underway for more than 2 years
- A representative said 22 cases have been forwarded to prosecutors for alleged crimes
Thiruvananthapuram, Oct 2 (PTI) Amid the ongoing controversy over his recent "narcotic and love jihad" remarks, Joseph Kallarangatt, Bishop of Pala diocese of Syro-Malabar Catholic ...
Thiruvananthapuram, Sep 30 (PTI) The Catholic Church in Kerala has decided to be "guarded" in its official communications and religious sermons in future, to ensure their words do ...
Kochi, Sep 22 (PTI) The Syro-Malabar Church on Wednesday rallied behind Bishop Joseph Kallarangatt of the Pala diocese, alleging that those who created a controversy over the priest's ...
Keralite church diocese sparks row with handbook mentioning 'love jihad'; expresses regret following protest
Kozhikode (Ker), Sep 16 (PTI): Amidst the raging controversy over the 'narcotic jihad' remark by Pala Bishop Joseph Kallarangatt, another church diocese here has sparked a row by ...