The crypto market tumbled again on Friday. (Photo credit: Unsplash)
- IMF warned on Monday that cryptocurrencies are not suitable as the national currency
- IMF called Bitcoin "extremely volatile" and not good for 'store value"
- It also said that cryptocurrencies are unrelated to the real economy
Elon Musk said that he had personally invested in bitcoin, ethereum and dogecoin. (Photo credit: AFP)
- Elon Musk said he loses money when the value of bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies decline
- He said he expected that Tesla would resume auto sales in bitcoin
- The company had suspended sales in bitcoin over concerns about high energy use for 'mining'
In 2009, Bitcoin became the world's first digital currency. Bitcoin emerged as an attractive option for investors with an appetite for the exotic. (Photo Credit: Unsplash)
- A cryptocurrency is a digital asset that is decentralised and used as a means of trade
- In India, there have been substantial regulatory problems in the digital currency field
- To comprehend the taxability of cryptocurrencies, determine their classification first
Elon Musk is the founder and CEO of Tesla. (Photo credit: File/AFP)
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk is the latest target of a group of hackers - Anonymous
- The hacker group criticised Musk for constantly trolling cryptocurrency markets
- Minutes after the video was released, Musk tweeted: "Don’t kill what you hate, Save what you love"
Elon Musk's tweet came in response to a user who believed that Tesla CEO would ever sell any of his Doge holdings (Photo credit: PTI)
- Elon Musk is the CEO of electric vehicle manufacturer Tesla
- He is an ardent supporter of cryptocurrency
- Tesla will no longer deal in Bitcoin, said Musk on Thursday
.Hawthorne, CA, USA
Elon Musk, the founder and a chief engineer of American aerospace manufacturing company, SpaceX. (Photo Credit: AFP)
- Geometric Energy Corporation (GEC) announced the mission on May 11
- A statement released by GEC, however, did not reveal the mission’s financial value
- "This mission will demonstrate the application of cryptocurrency beyond Earth orbit", said a SpaceX official
.Los Angeles, CA, USA
SpaceX CEO Elon Musk's tweets related to cryptocurrencies have led to the fluctuation in their prices. (AFP Photo)
- Dogecoin leaped by a fifth after tweets by Elon Musk
- Elon Musk bought Bitcoins worth $1.5 billion in February and its price went past $50,000 for the first time
- Dogecoin's price plummeted about a third since last Friday after Musk called it a "hustle"
.Palo Alto, CA, USA
Elon Musk has in the past posted many comments about cryptocurrencies on Twitter. (Photo Credit: AFP)
- The value of Dogecoin is expected to gain a significant boost with this
- In a recent interview, Musk said of dogecoin, "It's the future of currency."
- Musk's SpaceX has announced that their new satellite will be called 'DOGE-1'
Elon Musk shared the lunar mission announcement on Twitter. (Photo Credit: Instagram/Elon Musk)