Washington, Jun 16 (PTI) A 32-year-old Pakistani-American legal expert and big tech critic has been sworn in as Chair of the US Federal Trade Commission, becoming the youngest person ever to ...
New Delhi, Apr 22 (PTI) A vast majority of COVID-19 recovery funds disbursed in developing countries, including India, have gone to big corporations instead of being directed towards welfare, ...
The current acting chief of the Federal Trade Commission is Rebecca Slaughter. (Photo Credit: AFP)
- President Biden has previously hinted towards his support for an antitrust policy
- Lina Khan currently serves as a law professor at Columbia University
- She also served as counsel to a House antitrust subcommittee
Amazon has been accused of employee abuse in the past. (Credit : Unsplash)
- The settlement bars Amazon from misrepresenting driver earnings and tips
- The FTC alleged, Amazon shifted to a lower hourly rate without disclosing this
- The company reverted to its previous policy in August 2019 after the FTC began its investigation
Besides Facebook, the FTC has asked for information from Google and TikTok, the videostreaming app by Chinese firm Bytedance. (Photo Credit: Unsplash)