- The airstrikes and balloons marked the first major flare-up between Israel and Gaza since May 21
- Wednesday's strikes were Israel's first against Gaza since a new coalition government took over
- The incendiary balloons caused around 20 fires in southern Israel, according to local firefighters
- Sheikh Jarrah was just another neighbourhood in Israeli-annexed east Jerusalem
- The protests in Sheikh Jarrah spread early last month to the Al-Aqsa mosque compound
- The hashtags #SheikhJarrah and #SaveSheikhJarrah trended on social media
New Delhi, Jun 1 (PTI) The Congress on Tuesday expressed deep concern over India's stand on the recent conflict between Israel and Palestinians in Gaza and said the widespread impression is ...
New Delhi, May 28 (PTI) India was among 14 countries that abstained from voting on a resolution at the UN Human Rights Council to launch an investigation into alleged violations and crimes ...
- Blinken met with both Israeli and Palestinian leaders during the two days of talks
- "We see the ceasefire not as an end, but as a beginning of something to build on", said Blinken
- 11 day Israel-Gaza violence was halted due to the ceasefire
Washington, May 25 (PTI) US President Joe Biden has spoken with his Egyptian counterpart Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi and the two leaders discussed the peace process in the Middle East and the urgent ...
- Israel says the aid should flow through an international mechanism
- Up to 800,000 remain with access to clean water after recent violence
- Egypt and UN have promised humanitarian aid for the Gaza
Washington, May 24 (PTI) US President Joe Biden on Monday asked his top diplomat Antony Blinken to travel to the Middle East to meet Israeli and Palestinian leaders, among other regional ...
Sydney, May 24 (The Conversation) While details are sketchy, Israel and Hamas have agreed to a ceasefire. That is good news for everyone involved. The dying can hopefully end and further ...