- The Strawberry Moon was first mentioned in the 1930s
- In India, the full moon night will be called Vat Purnima
- The Moon is expected to appear full for about three days
- NASA posted a picture showing the Sun in different wavelengths
- The post has received over 40,000 likes on social media
- The images were issued as stamps by US Postal Service
- The mannequin will be a part of Artemis I moon mission
- The mission is slated to launch this November
- Social media users have to pick one name among 8 options
- NASA praised an amateur stargazer for a photograph he and two others took of a cosmic bubble
- NASA named the image Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD) on June 17
- A nebula is a large cloud of dust and gas that can be formed by the explosion of a dying star
- The US space agency said that the problem arose when a payload computer stopped working
- An attempt to restart it on Monday failed
- The technology for the payload computer dates back to the 1980s
Beijing/Jiuquan, Jun 17 (PTI) China successfully launched its longest crewed space mission to date on Thursday, sending three astronauts to its new orbiting station, in a major milestone for the ...
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India (NewsVoir) Despite sliding COVID cases, ventilator production continues in full swing. The second wave of Coronavirus, which has caused a morbid stir of lung ...
- A giant blinking star was spotted near the center of our Milky Way galaxy by astronomers
- Known as VVV-WIT-08, the star is located more than 25,000 light-years away from Earth
- The study was published in the Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
- Ganymede is one of the 79 known moons around Jupiter
- Italian astronomer Galileo Galilei discovered Ganymede in 1610
- NASA's Juno spacecraft has been orbiting Jupiter for five years
Nottingham (UK), Jun 6 (The Conversation) For decades, the exploration of our solar system left one of our neighbouring planets, Venus, largely unexplored. Now, things are about to change.