Stefanos Tsitsipas climbs in ATP rankings following French Open heroics
- After the conclusion of Roland Garros 2021, latest ATP rankings were out
- Dominic Thiem fell to fifth rank after the first-round loss in French Open
- Diego Schwartzmann moved out of the top ten
Greek tennis player Stefanos Tsitsipas, after the conclusion of Roland Garros 2021, jumped one place higher to the fourth position in the latest ATP rankings. He goes ahead of Dominic Thiem and is only one spot below Rafael Nadal.
Austria's Dominic Thiem slipped to fifth after a shock first-round defeat in the French Open. The top three remain the same with Djokovic, Daniil Medvedev and Nadal taking the spots in that order. The Serbian now stands 1,970 points ahead of Medvedev.
Russia's Daniil Medvedev earned his first Roland Garros win this year, and eventually, reached the quarterfinal. He lost to Tsitsipas in straight sets in the tournament.
Argentina's Diego Schwartzman moves out of top 10 rankings, as Spaniard, Roberto Bautista Agut takes the tenth rank.
ATP rankings as of June 14:
1. Novak Djokovic (SRB) 12,113 points
2. Daniil Medvedev (RUS) 10,143
3. Rafael Nadal (ESP) 8,630
4. Stefanos Tsitsipas (GRE) 7,980 (+1)
5. Dominic Thiem (AUT) 7425 (-1)
6. Alexander Zverev (GER) 7,350
7. Andrey Rublev (RUS) 5,910
8. Roger Federer (SUI) 5,065
9. Matteo Berrettini (ITA) 4,103
10. Roberto Bautista (ESP) 3,170 (+1)
11. Diego Schwartzman (ARG) 3,105 (-1)
12. Pablo Carreno (ESP) 2,905
13. David Goffin (BEL) 2,830
14. Denis Shapovalov (CAN) 2,780
15. Casper Ruud (NOR) 2,690 (+1)
16. Gaël Monfils (FRA) 2,568 (-1)
17. Hubert Hurkacz (POL) 2,533 (+3)
18. Milos Raonic (CAN) 2,473
19. Christian Garin (CHI) 2,440 (+4)
20. Grigor Dimitrov (BUL) 2,431 (-3)