- Panjshir fighters are known to have defended their homes first from the Soviet military
- The high valley enclosed by snow capped peaks came somewhat as an advantage for the defenders
- On August 30, the Taliban reportedly claimed Panjshir outnumbering the defendants three-to-one
Kabul, Sep 17 (PTI) Asserting that India is Afghanistan's "all-weather friend", prominent Afghan activist and author Amina Zia Massoud has expressed hope that New Delhi will support the ...
Peshawar/Kabul, Sep 7 (PTI) Hundreds of Afghan protesters, including women wearing the hijab, took to the streets of Kabul on Tuesday chanting "death to Pakistan" and denouncing Islamabad's ...
- Just like the Soviets, Taliban faced resistance from Panjshir-based Northern Alliance
- 'Pakistani airstrikes' and change of strategy seem to have worked in Taliban's favour this time
- The National Resistance Front could not garner support of US and other Western countries
- Protestors said that Pakistani jets conducted airstrikes in Panjshir province
- The Taliban on Monday said they have seized Panjshir, the last province not in their control
- The agitators said they do not want a puppet government in Afghanistan
- Panjshir was the final pocket of territory which had remained outside their rule
- On August 15, the Taliban seized Kabul
- Panjshir has been its greatest weapon in repelling invaders
Birmingham (UK), Sep 7 (The Conversation) Unsurprisingly, the Taliban’s rapid takeover of power across Afghanistan has prompted headlines about a renewed “civil war”. This is misleading, however.