Detectives from Baltimore County are investigating a domestic dispute that resulted in a shooting incident involving the police on Friday night in Parkville, which claimed the lives of two people.

Officers responded to reports of a domestic disturbance at the 2700 block of Maple Ave. in Parkville at around 11:30 p.m. As reported, a responding officer arrived at the house and upon approaching it, noticed signs of distress coming from inside.

Also read | Who is Liv Cook? Teen allegedly admits dating Josh Giddey in leaked video

An official release stated that a preliminary investigation revealed one person was shot and killed inside the house.

A closer look indicated that one person had fired at the responding cops. After a shoot-out, the subject was found outside the house critically injured, and the police reported that a handgun had been found next to the suspect’s body.

Three Baltimore County Police Department officers fired their weapons during this incident.

Also read | Who is Adam Garcia? Suspect identified in killing of Christian Hans Lundegaard in fatal Edina stabbing

The investigation into the homicide by the Baltimore County Police Department’s homicide detectives will be followed by an investigation by the Maryland Attorney General’s Office Independent Investigations Division into the incident’s officer-involved shooting component.

Meanwhile, another shooting incident occurred at Coronado Mall in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Shoppers were frightened and panicked when they heard gunshots, according to witnesses inside the mall. Several law enforcement agencies reacted swiftly to the developing crisis, although information is still being gathered and the circumstances are still changing.

Also read | Gigi Hadid slammed for anti-Semitic post and for targeting Israel in an Instagram post

After getting the alert, Albuquerque Police Officers who had been watching a protest at the Uptown Shopping Area quickly moved to Coronado Mall. Law enforcement determined that there was no active shooter and that no injuries had been reported, despite early reports to the contrary.

Officers found at least one bullet casing, but no casualties. This led to the start of an ongoing investigation to find the person who fired the shot.