A suspect has been taken into custody by investigators to be questioned about the Cleveland mass shooting that took place on Sunday.
City officials announced during a press conference on Tuesday night that Jaylon Jennings, 25, had been arrested. He faces a charge of attempted murder.
The shooting took place on West Sixth Street in the Warehouse District at around 2:26 in the morning. Nine people were shot, but they are all expected to recover. The majority of the victims were shot in the legs or feet.
According to the warrant, the suspect was seen “observing several victims in the Rumor Bar and Lounge.” Additionally, the suspect was spotted “intentionally retrieving a firearm described as a Glock firearm with an extended magazine from the trunk of his vehicle” in a parking space at 1299 W. 6th St.
According to the search warrant, he “deliberately approached his victims firing shots.” A motive has not been identified by investigators.
U.S. Marshals said that on Tuesday, investigators located the suspect at a home on Toledo Avenue in Lorain. The man was taken into custody.
The Barley House’s owner, Bobby George, provided access to security footage, which captures the frantic moments right after the incident.
Many people may be seen fleeing for safety. One man is limping and appears to have been shot. Police officers from Cleveland can be seen rushing into the crowd to help the injured.
“It is outrageous,” Cleveland Councilman Mike Polensek said previously. “This person just didn’t care, just stood out on the street and started shooting. We are becoming a lawless city, and we are right at the very top with some of the most violent cities in the country. That is unacceptable. I won’t live like that and I don’t expect the citizens here to live like that.”
George offered a $50,000 reward for information that resulted in an arrest in the case.