A Portland lady who was taken to the hospital on Thursday night after being stabbed has tragically died of her wounds, according to an update from the Portland Police Bureau.

The woman has been identified as Tiara Atencio.

Also read | Did Joseph Emerson had a ‘mental breakdown’ in flight? Off-duty pilot tries to shut off engines midway

Who was Tiara Atencio?

Tiara Atencio was 22 years old. She was a resident of Portland. Just after 11 p.m. on Thursday, police from the South Tabor area arrived at Southeast Powell Boulevard and 68th Avenue in response to an allegation of an attack. They found Tiara Atencio seriously injured. Atencio was sent to the hospital right away to receive medical attention.

The attacker had left the site “before police were notified,” and no arrests had been made right after. Following the dispatch of detectives for more investigation, Southeast Powell was closed between 68th and 70th avenues. Sadly, Atencio passed away in the hospital from her wounds. Her death was ruled a homicide by the county medical examiner, who attributed it to several stab wounds.

Also read | Who is Nerdeen Kiswani? NYC’s pro-Palestine protest leader shares post hailing heroic resistance of martyrs on Hamas attack day

Atencio’s sister Fenicia Damian said, “She was funny, she was caring, she never judged people; she was just a caring person.” “You know how empty it feels to lose someone? You don’t know what to feel.” It simply hurts; it hurts.

Damian continued by stating that Atencio was a single mother who had a special needs 1-year-old boy at home. “He was her life,” Damian continued. She spoke about him daily. You want to be with your children and see your son grow.”

Also read | Alaska Airlines pilot Joseph Emerson receives neighborhood support amid attempted murder charges

In honor of Atencio, loved ones are raising money for a celebration of life. Additionally, they are attempting to raise awareness of her case. Damian urged those in charge to act morally and expressed her hope that anyone with information would come forward and provide it to the authorities.

According to Portland police, as of Monday afternoon, no one has been arrested and, at this point in the inquiry, they are not disclosing any information about potential suspects.