Scott Morrison, who is currently the Prime Minister of Australia, will be attending the first-ever in-person Quad Summit in Washington DC on September 24 alongside counterparts from India, Japan and the United States.
Who is Scott Morrison?
Morrison, who has been a veteran politician in Australia, was born in the city of Sydney in Australia on May 13, 1968. His political career kicked off in the year 2000 when he took over as the Director of the Liberal Party State Branch (NSW) and remained in the position for nearly four years.
Morrison took up multiple jobs before officially joining the Australian federal parliament, according to an Australian government website. These included:
1) Manager of the Policy and Research Property Council of Australia
2) Deputy Chief Executive of the Australian Tourism Task Force
3) General Manager of the Tourism Council
4) Director of the Office of Tourism and Sport (NZ)
5) Managing Director of Tourism Australia
Morrison graduated from the University of New South Wales and pursued his bachelor’s qualification in sciences.
The 53-year-old Australian politician, who is also an elected member of the Australian House of Representatives, has been a member of the Liberal Party of Australia.
In addition to being the Prime Minister of Australia, Morrison has occupied five ministerial positions in his decades-long career. These include:
1) Minister for Immigration and Border Protection
2) Cabinet Minister
3) Minister for Social Services
5) Minister for the Public Service
According to an Australian government website, Morrison has also held a handful of parliamentary party positions in Australia. These include the leader of the Federal Parliamentary Liberal Party, Shadow Minister for Housing and Local Government, Shadow Minister for Productivity and Population and Shadow Minister for Immigration and Citizenship.