'Beaten up, treated like animal': Wife's charges against singer Honey Singh
- Singer-actor Honey Singh has been accused of domestic violence by wife Shalini Talwar
- Among other things Singh has been accused of Mental and emotional harassment
- Talwar has sought Rs 10 crore compensation from the singer
Popular Punjabi singer and actor Yo Yo Honey Singh has been accused of domestic violence by his wife Shalini Talwar. Among other things she has accused the 38-year-old singer of treating her like an animal, beating her up and abusing her mentally and emotionally, seeking Rs 10 crore compensation.
Honey Singh and Shalini Talwar had tied the knot on January 23, 2011.
The Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Tania Singh has issued notice to Singh, directing him not to alienate or create any third party rights in their jointly owned property in Noida or dispose of his wife's jewellery and other articles, said Talwar's lawyer.
Yo Yo Honey Singh, whose birth name is Hirdesh Singh, has had a tumultuous past couple of years. In 2014, at the peak of his career, Singh disappeared from the music scene. He reappeared a year later, but remained low key. In March 2016, he attributed his 18-month long absence to his bipolar disorder.
Here's what his wife has accused Honey Singh of:
*Shalini Talwar said that she was subjected to numerous incidents of physical, verbal, mental, and emotional abuse at the hands of her husband and his family.
* Talwar, 38, claimed that Singh beat her many times in the last few years and she is constantly living under fear as he and his family have threatened her with physical harm.
*She also accused him of mental harassment and cruelty 'over a period of time', which she said had led to symptoms of depression.
* In the plea, Talwar has stated she was physically assaulted by Singh over the last 10 years.
* She talks about Singh and his family breaking her mentally and emotionally so much so that she almost started identifying herself as a “farm animal, shepherded from here to there while being treated cruelly”.
* Talwar also levelled cheating allegations against her husband, saying that he used to frequently have casual sex with multiple women, not wear his wedding ring, and mercilessly beat her for releasing their marriage pictures online.
* Besides this, she also claimed that once her father-in-law walked into her room in inebriated condition while she was changing her clothes and grazed his hands over her chest.
* Talwar further said that there is evidence to show various acts of domestic violence perpetrated upon her, requesting the court to issue orders against him under the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005.
* Talwar sought direction from the court to ask her husband to pay Rs 10 crore as interim compensation for perpetrating domestic violence on her.
* She urged the court to order the singer to pay a rent of Rs 5 lakh every month for fully furnished accommodation in Delhi so as to enable her to live by herself and not remain dependent on her widowed mother.
* Besides this, she also sought to restrain the singer from selling or creating any third person interest in their shared household and from selling her dowry articles.