France and Tunisia will play their last game of the group stages of the 2022 FIFA World Cup on Wednesday.
Also read: Who is Gareth Southgate’s wife Alison Southgate? Age, children Mia and Flynn, net worth
Having become the first team to qualify for the knockouts after Kylian Mbappe‘s brace helped them beat Denmark 2-1, France will look forward to stamping their superiority with a win over Tunisia, and will also try to extend their unbeaten record in World Cups to ten matches.
Also read: FIFA World Cup 2022 Argentina vs Poland: head-to-head, stats, predicted lineups, formations
While on the other hand, Tunisia is still in contention as a win over France followed by a draw (If Tunisia scores high, they may qualify even with a win for Denmark), could see them progress to the round of 16. A win for Australia will eliminate Tunisia from the competition.
Also read: Who is Carlos Queiroz, Iran’s longest-serving manager and Alex Fergusson’s former assistant?
France vs Tunisia: head-to-head
* The two teams have played each other five times overall
* France have won two of the encounters, two were drawn and Tunisia won a match
* The teams played for the first time in 1971 in the Mediterranean games when Tunisia won 2-1
*The latest encounter between the two sides was in 2010, when the match ended in a 1-1 draw
Also read:Who is Laura Voepel, mother of Colorado Springs alleged gunman Anderson Lee Aldrich arrested after shooting?
France vs Tunisia: stats
* France have so far scored eight goals against Tunisia in the five matches they played with each other
* Tunisia have scored five goals against France in the five matches
* France is the fourth highest ranked team in the world
* Tunisia is ranked 30th in the world
* All their games have been goal scoring ones, including two 1-1 draws
France vs Tunisia: predicted lineups, formations
France’s predicted lineup
Mandanda; Pavard, Konate, Varane, Camavinga; Guendouzi, Fofana; Coman, Griezmann, Mbappe; Thuram
Likely formation: 4-2-3-1
Also read: Why Fire Ronda Rousey is trending on Twitter
Tunisia’s predicted lineup
Msakni (c), Dahmen; Bronn, Meriah, Talbi; Drager, Skhiri, Laidouni, Abdi; Sliti; Khazri
Likely formation: 3-4-2-1