Lionel Messi has verbally agreed to extend his contract at Paris Saing Germain (PSG), a report by Italian football journalist Fabrizio Romano claims. The Wednesday report says that the 35-year-old will soon sign a new contract with PSG and it will run beyond 2023.
Romano claims that the length of the new deal between PSG and the seven-time Ballon d’Or winner is yet to be finalized. His salary will also be revised by the club, according to Romano.
Romano claims that a meeting will be soon held between the two parties where all the details about Messi’s new contract will be discussed.
There were rumors earlier that Lionel Messi might join the Major League Soccer club Inter Miami, which is jointly owned by David Beckham, the former England international.
Transfer journalist David Ornstein had claimed earlier that the move was plausible as the other owners of Inter Miami – Jose R. Mas, a Cuban expatriate, and American billionaire, has family ties with the Messis. The Messi family, Ornstein said, was also close to the Spanish-speaking community in Miami.
However, Romano has now dispelled that news as rumors. He says that Messi never accepted Inter Miami or Barcelona’s proposals. However, he has confirmed that Messi was approached by both clubs, but talks did not move beyond the preliminary stages.