Washington, Sep 20 (PTI) The US on Monday announced a new international travel system under which fully vaccinated individuals would be allowed to enter the country beginning in November.
- Dr Fauci believes that the United States will witness a million coronavirus deaths
- Joe Biden had said that the US will be going forward with the "third jab strategy"
- According to studies, most vaccinated Americans are in favour of a booster shot
- A US government advisory panel will sit do decide whether to endorse extra doses of Pfizer
- The WHO has strictly objected to booster shots
- The Delta variant has led to a surge in coronavirus infections in the US
Washington, Sep 13 (PTI) COVID-19 vaccines are effective at preventing hospitalisations and emergency department visits caused by the Delta variant of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, according to a US study.
- This data was found in one of the three papers published by the CDC
- As we have shown in study after study, vaccination works, CDC director Rochelle Walensky said
- The CDC and the FDA are studying the need for booster shots
- The study also found unvaccinated people 11 times more likely to die of COVID-19
- The study was a part of three major studies conducted by the CDC
- Another study found Moderna vaccine was the most effective
Washington, Sep 10 (PTI) Complete vaccination against COVID-19 is highly effective at preventing hospitalisation, emergency department visit, and intensive care admission due to infection with ...
- 1.51 million doses were administered over the weekend6
- 64% Americans have been fully vaccinated, CDC reports
- Pediatric COVID cases are at a record high in US since the start of the pandemic
Washington, Sep 6 (PT) COVID-19 antibodies produced by the Pfizer vaccine decreased more than 80 per cent in senior nursing home residents and their caregivers six months after receiving their ...