- The Summer Olympic Games in 1972 were the first to introduce mascots
- Mascots became an identity of the Olympics over the years
- The two mascots this year are Miraitowa and Someity
- Breen, 24, said she was informed her briefs were "too short and revealing"
- She wanted to bring attention to the incident in order to prevent it from happening to others
- Breen has worn the same kind of competition briefs from her sponsor throughout her career
- Tang Xuemei was just a teenager when her school dormitory began shaking violently
- The floor crumbled in a powerful earthquake, sending her spiralling into a dark void
- She is now a Paralympic gold medallist and will again represent China in Tokyo in sitting volleybal
Ahmedabad, Jul 14 (PTI) Six women athletes from Gujarat, who are part of the Indian contingents for the upcoming Tokyo Olympics and also the Paralympic Games, will get a financial assistance ...
Ghaziabad, July 10 (PTI) Former Olympian and field hockey player Zafar Iqubal flagged off a “sports literacy van” here as part of an awareness programme.
- Professor Sir Ludwig 'Poppa' Guttmann was a neurologist by profession
- He was the founder of the Paralympic movement
- His Google doodle is created by Baltimore-based guest artist Ashanti Fortson
New Delhi, Jul 1 (PTI) A day after obliterating his own world record, two-time Paralympic gold-medallist, javelin thrower Devendra Jhajharia, is targetting a distance of 68m at the Tokyo Games, ...
Chandigarh University's Aruna Tanwar becomes India's first ever Taekwondo athlete to qualify for Paralympics
CHANDIGARH, India, June 15, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Currently ranked world number 4, Aruna Tanwar has bagged an entry to Tokyo Paralympics to be held from 24 August to 5 September 2021. A B.PEd. ...
New Delhi, Jun 9 (PTI) Aruna Tanwar has been awarded a wild card entry for the upcoming Tokyo Paralympic Games, which will make her the first Indian to compete in the global multi-para sport ...
New Delhi, Jun 8 (PTI) Three Indian para shuttlers, including world number one Pramod Bhagat, on Tuesday officially qualified for the Paralympics, scheduled to be held from August 25 to September 5.