A horrific shooting incident occurred on Tuesday in Philadelphia, as confirmed by police officials. There were two fatalities and five wounded from a mass shooting that happened in Philadelphia.

Also read | Who is Emily Swinkowski? Mississippi art teacher arrested for sending inappropriate pictures to 16-year-old student

Around 8:30 p.m., at least 70 rounds were fired in the city’s northern area. Seven guys, ages 19 to 30, were taken by authorities to the hospital. Three victims managed to walk to adjacent hospitals, while four victims were found outside on the block and transferred to a nearby hospital. Of the victims, two perished from their wounds, while the whereabouts of the other five are still unknown.

According to Interim Police Commissioner John Stanford, several weapons and drugs had been found at the scene. The police chief did note that the shooting’s motivation was yet unknown.

A portion of Northeast Philadelphia’s Interstate 95 (I-95) was closed to traffic early on Wednesday morning as the police conducted their investigation. Cars are being rerouted off the road in light of the ongoing investigation into the shooting, according to the Philadelphia Office of Emergency Management. 

Also read | Who is Asraa Jabas? Palestinian terrorist to be swapped for hostages demanded by Israel

The office reported that “due to police activity,” all northbound lanes are restricted between Exit 26/Betsy Ross Bridge to New Jersey and Exit 32/Academy Road/Linden Ave. There was a notice about delays and a recommendation for drivers to “consider alternate routes and allow for additional travel time.”

Meanwhile, another shooting incident occurred at a Walmart in Ohio on Monday. The incident left four people injured.

According to the Beavercreek Police Department, the suspect opened fire around 8:30 p.m. after breaking into the Walmart in Beavercreek, Ohio, a hamlet in the Dayton metropolitan area. Four people were hurt and transported to nearby hospitals.

Also read | Who is Haider Tawakali? Man spotted tearing down posters of kidnapped Israeli children by Hamas

At a late-night press conference on Monday, Beavercreek Police Capt. Scott Molnar said, “The conditions of the victims right now are unknown.”

The police claim that the gunman appeared to have shot himself before taking his own life. Not immediately disclosed were specifics like the identity of the culprit, the reason behind the attack, and other details.