The Missouri teen who slammed into the security barriers around the White House last night has been charged with attempting to kill, abduct, or damage the president, vice president, or a member of their family.

Around 10 o’clock in the evening, Sai Varshith Kandula, 19, of Chesterfield, Missouri, crashed the car into security barricades. He was apprehended there. He lost control of the van, crashed it, then leaped out and began to wave a Nazi flag.

Also Read| Who is Sai Varshith Kandula? Missouri man identified as U-Haul driver who crashed truck into White House security barriers

When taken into detention, Kandula confessed to the FBI his plans to topple the government, assassinate President Joe Biden, and seize power. He is currently being detained.

He drove from St. Louis, Missouri, to Dulles and then leased a U-Haul vehicle. At the time of the incident, President Biden was inside the White House, as per ABC.

No one was hurt, and Kandula was arrested right away.

While the area was examined and The Hay Adams Hotel was evacuated, a few of the streets and walkways around Lafayette Square were briefly closed.

Also Read| U-Haul driver charged with threatening to kill president after crashing truck into security barriers near White House

Before police arrived to take him into custody, he allegedly shouted and waved the flag as he got out of the truck. According to law enforcement sources who spoke to ABC, Kandula allegedly informed authorities that he wanted to gain control of the situation and take over the government.

Police officers were spotted inspecting the truck. The back door was opened shortly after 11 p.m., and it appeared that robotics were being utilized to check to see whether there was anything dangerous inside.

Also Read| Lafayette Square: Did U Haul truck that crashed near White House have a Nazi Swastika flag?

Police have chosen not to publicly provide any additional information regarding the alleged incident or the suspect. Additionally, according to law enforcement sources, the suspect uttered ominous words while being arrested.

The reason and circumstances of the incident are still being investigated, according to Guglielmi. “There were no injuries to any Secret Service or White House personnel,” he added.

According to a tweet from Secret Service spokesman Anthony Guglielmi, the accident happened shortly before 10 p.m.