Musician Zayn Malik has pleaded no contest to charges that he harassed his girlfriend, supermodel Gigi Hadid, and her mother Yolanda Hadid during a violent September 29 argument.

A court in Pennysylvania said the former One Direction singer pleaded guilty to all four counts. Meanwhile, Zayn said rather than pleading guilty he “agreed to not contest” the charges.

Malik was accused of grabbing and shoving Gigi Hadid’s mother against a dresser, according to court documents. Malik engaged in “continuous cursing” at Yolanda Hadid, the documents said, calling her an “f——— Dutch slut” and telling her to stay away from his daughter.

Also Read | African model Nanga Awasum gets lucky after Gigi Hadid spots her on internet

Malik, 28, also told Gigi Hadid to “defend your partner against your f——— mother in my house,” according to charging documents filed in Bucks County. He also tried to fight a man, whom the US showbiz website TMZ identified as a security guard, who was also at the house, the documents said, according to Associated Press inputs.

A “no contest” plea means Zayn, 28, won’t fight the harassment charges in court.

Also Read | Why did singer Zayn Malik leave One Direction?

Following his plea, a judge sentenced him to 90 days of probation on each count or nearly a year total. He must complete an anger management class, and be screened for and “if approved,” complete a domestic violence program. He was also ordered to have no contact with Yolanda Hadid or the man. Probation could be lifted in six months if Malik satisfies the conditions, according to documents.

Also Read | Keanu Reeves surprised John Wick: Chapter 4 stunt team with Rolex watches

Zayn and Gigi had begun dating in 2015, and their daughter Khai was born last year. But TMZ reported on Thursday they had broken up.

Meanwhile, Malik addressed the charges on Twitter, writing that he “agreed to not contest claims arising from an argument I had with a family member of my partner’s who entered our home while my partner was away several weeks ago.” He complained the case had been leaked to the media and called it a “private matter.”