Gabriel Milhomem Santos, a fan of Taylor Swift, passed away in Rio de Janeiro from deadly stab wounds sustained the night after the pop star’s Eras Tour. 

The incident occurred hours after Santos attended the worldwide tour held at Nilton Santos Olympic Stadium in the Brazilian city.

Also read | Who is Makan Ceesay? Baruch College student rips down posters of kidnapped Israelis, attacks bystander when confronted

Who was Gabriel Milhomem Santos?

Gabriel Milhomem Santos was 25 years old. He was wearing a friendship bracelet with the “Swifties.”. It is said that early on Sunday morning, he was tragically stabbed as he was sleeping on the famous Copacabana beach. 

Gabriel’s burial will take place in his hometown in the western state of Mato Grosso do Sul, according to family announcements. He will be dressed in clothing specially made for his attendance at his idol’s show.

Also read | Who is Jack MacCallum? American University junior filmed ripping posters of kidnapped Israelis

Gabriel Milhomem Santos’s family characterized him as “fulfilling a dream” by traveling to see his idol perform. Gabriel was from Belo Horizonte and had come to Rio for the event. His relatives said he was a happy, loving, and very serious person. Gabriel was an only child, and even after moving to another state to further his education, he remained close to his mother.

This is the second regrettable event that has happened during Taylor Swift’s three-day performance in Rio de Janeiro. The first was the 23-year-old woman who suffered a cardiac collapse during the concert in extremely hot and humid conditions that felt like 59°C.

Also read | Who is Suzanne Shepherd’s daughter, Kate Shepherd?

Rio de Janeiro is currently experiencing an extreme heat wave, and despite the sweltering heat, concertgoers, including 23-year-old Ana Clara Benevides, were allegedly prohibited from bringing water inside the arena. 

Unfortunately, Ana Clara was not able to be resuscitated after she fainted in the front row, despite the doctors on site performing rapid CPR. She went into cardiac arrest again and died after being taken to the hospital.