The automobile industry has become a boon for the world in the past few years with the introduction of electric vehicles, which play an immense role in the fight against the climate crisis. Electric vehicles (EV) use an electric motor or traction motor for propulsion and run on batteries rather than fuel
Here are some reasons why you should buy an EV:
- Low maintenance costs: The cars with IC engine have a lot of mechanical parts, which will cost you huge once the car breaks down. However, with simple structure and operation of an EV comes lower maintenance costs and buying EV will definitely save you from unwanted payments.
- Low running costs: The low running costs of EVs are the best shot at saving money big time. Taking example of Hyundai's Kona, one charge of the vehicle delivers around 450 kilometres and so the running cost comes down to as low as a single rupee per km, saving you a lot of money in the long-term.
- Eco-friendlier option: By buying an EV, you are also doing your part in the fight against climate crisis. EV's don't emit carbon at all, and this will greatly reduce your carbon footprint. It is the most eco-friendly mode of commuting in the modern world.
- Government incentives: A lot of incentives and subsidies are provided while you buy an EV in India. Delhi Government provides incentives up to Rs 1.5 lakh to promote the eco-friendly option as an effort to save the planet from climate change.
- Convenient charging: Electric vehicles have a major advantage where you can simply charge your vehicle fully at home in just 3-4 hours and your car is ready for a drive. So, your home can be your new fuel station if you buy an EV. Now, there are new upgrades with fast-charging options that can fully charge your car in just 60 minutes.