James Caan quotes: 'The Godfather' Sonny Corleone's most popular lines
- James Caan died on Wednesday
- He was 82
- He is best known for playing Sonny Corleone in the 1972 mafia epic 'The Godfather'
“It is with great sadness that we inform you of the passing of Jimmy on the evening of July 6. The family appreciates the outpouring of love and heartfelt condolences and asks that you continue to respect their privacy during this difficult time," a statement released on his Twitter account stated.
A look at some of the actor's most popular and inspiring quotes -
1. "It is that, but really, it's about how we don't recognise the little things in life, or appreciate the little things in life like belonging. A sense of belonging is a big thing today."
2. "I never saw my dad cry. My son saw me cry. My dad never told me he loved me, and consequently I told Scott I loved him every other minute. The point is, I'll make less mistakes than my dad, my sons hopefully will make less mistakes than me, and their sons will make less mistakes than their dads."
3. "I really believe that you grow up a certain way in New York. There's a New York morality, a sense of loyalty. You know how to win and lose. There's a thousand kids outside, you know who to push and who not to push. There's a sixth sense you develop just because it's New York."
4. "Never stop asking yourself whether you can do things better. Keep testing every aspect of your business to the nth degree, and challenge every one of your assumptions. The tougher you are on yourself now, the tougher your business will be out there in the real world."
5. "Obstacles are only opportunities to succeed or fail; how we handle them determines what will happen."
6. "Showing up every day isn't enough. There are a lot of guys who show up every day who shouldn't have showed up at all."