Here’s a good news for all the professionals from the film industry. The Maharashtra government on Tuesday issued Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to reopen auditorium and cinema halls from October 22. Thecinema operations came to a halt from mid-March due to the coronavirus pandemic in 2020. It then restarted for a few months in October and November last year in different parts of the country.
Also Read: I broke down: Taapsee Pannu on’boys locker room’ scene in ‘Rashmi Rocket’
The Maharashtra government’s decision came after the state reported 1,736 new cases of COVID-19, the lowest daily count in nearly 17 months.
Here’s the complete list of guideline as listed by Hindustan Times.
1. The occupancy of the cinemas/theatres/multiplexes/auditorium shall not be more than 50 per cent of their total seating capacity.
2. Aarogya Setu App showing safe status shall be mandatory for all visitors in cinema halls/theatres or in the alternative visitors can show final Covid vaccination certificate.
Also Read: Wo kabhi Rahul hai, kabhi Raj: Akhil Katyal’s poem on Shah Rukh Khan goes viral
3. All staff including those employed at food court/cleaning services must have received two doses of Covid-19 vaccine and 14 days must have elapsed since second dose.
4. Staggered show timings for multiplexes to avoid crowding.
5. Digital no-contact payment methods should be used for booking tickers, payment for food and beverages.
6. Proper crowd management in parking lots, thermal screening of visitors, only asymptomatic people will be allowed. Restricted persons in elevators have been advised.
Also Read: ‘It’s derogatory!’ Demi Lovato claims the term ‘alien’ is offensive
7. Regular Covid-appropriate behaviour including masking, physical distancing, covering of face while coughing/sneezing, regular hand sanitization etc are also enforced.
8. No food and beverages will be allowed inside the screening hall. Purchased packaged food and beverages will be allowed only outside the screening hall.
There are also specific SOPs for drama theatres for example only designated people shall be allowed to operate curtain, backstage property etc. According to the list, it has also been recommended that the cast and crew should regularly have their medical check-ups.
Also, no guests are allowed at the backstage/green rooms and regular fumigation of the auditorium will be responsibility of the management.
Lastly, child artists have to use Aarogya Setu App showing safe status.