TV actress Malvi Malhotra was stabbed thrice by a producer-stalker Yogesh Mahipal Singh, on Tuesday. In an interview with ETimes TV from Mumbai’s Kokilaben hospital where she is currently undergoing treatment, the 29-year-old said that he attacked her when she was walking back home after her work meeting at a café in Seven Bungalows located in Andheri.

"I had just come from Dubai, I was there for 15 days. I thought the harassment would stop. But Yogesh stalked me on the phone even there, and even when I blocked him, he was at it from different numbers. After my meeting which happened at a cafe in Seven Bungalows (Andheri), I was walking back home since my home is just 5 minutes away from that coffee shop.

“Suddenly, Yogesh came in a car and said that I should talk to him and why I was avoiding him. I told him to stop the tamasha,” said Malvi.

She further said Instead, he got down from the car and stabbed her in her stomach.

“Next, he wanted to injure my face. I kept my hand on the face to avoid any injuries but his knife went deep into my right hand and wounded it badly. The fingers region in my left hand also got inflicted with bruises. I went down on the ground as I had started to bleed profusely,” she said.

The actress says she was avoiding Yogesh ever since she met him after her visit to Ooty some months ago. She was there to shoot for a Tamil film.

"It was our third meeting. I had met him on professional grounds twice before in January 2020, he said he wanted to cast me in a music video he was making. He has worked with many established actors from TV. At this third meeting, he told me that he loves me and wants to marry me. I politely told him that is not possible but we can still remain friends. After that, I refrained from meeting him,” she said.

However, after maintaining distance for some days, Yogesh started messaging her and began taking flowers to Malvi's building and waiting there.

"I had to clearly tell him to stop it. It was getting too much; once he waited for 10 hours outside my building,” she said.

Talking about her injuries, she said that it will take 2-3 months before she is alright.

“ Right now, the fingers of my left hand are not moving. The knife incision in my stomach was about 1.5 inches,” said the actress.

Yogesh was traced by the Versova police team on Tuesday.