Damar Hamlin, safety for the Buffalo Bills, took a hit and went down during the Monday night game vs Cincinnati Bengals at the Paycor Stadium. 

The player was given CPR on the field and was taken off in an ambulance. The game was temporarily suspended. 

“Praying for Damar Hamlin and his family,” quarterback Kirk Cousins tweeted. 

Also Read | Damar Hamlin injury updates: Buffalo Bills vs Cincinnati Bengals suspended after safety collapses

“Father God, I pray that Damar Hamlin is okay and here with us. I also ask that he have a speedy recovery mentally & physically God; in Jesus name… Amen🙏🏾,” cornerback Sauce Gardener said on Twitter. 

“our thoughts + prayers are with Damar Hamlin, the Bills and Bills Mafia 💙” the Los Angeles Chargers tweeted. 

Also Read | Pregame light show in Cincinnati Bengals vs Buffalo Bills week 17 game at Paul Brown Stadium: Watch

“Please don’t share the video of the Damar Hamlin play. Share this because we are all Praying for him and his family,” wrote quarterback Robert Lee Griffin.

“The game is not important. Damar Hamlin’s life is important. Please be ok. Please,” said JJ Watt.

Also Read | Damar Hamlin injury: Fans ask Buffalo Bills vs Cincinnati Bengals to be rescheduled after safety takes hit

Some Bills players were seen crying as Hamlin was tended to
by medical personnel. Other players held hands praying or hugged each other.
The game has been suspended for the night. The ambulance left the field at 9.25
pm Eastern Time and Hamlin’s family came down to be with him, according to

Also Read | Did Damar Hamlin suffer cardiac arrest? Fans ask after Buffalo Bills safety given CPR during tie vs Cincinnati

Hamlin was injured in the first quarter of the Bills’ game
against the Cincinnati Bengals on Monday Night Football. The safety tackled
Cincinnati wide receiver Tee Higgins, got to his feet, and then collapsed on
the ground. The medical staff and ambulance came onto the field as most of the
Bills players came off the sideline to kneel around Hamlin. He was given oxygen
as he was loaded into an ambulance. He was admitted to the University of
Cincinnati Medical Center. His mother was in attendance at the game and rode
with him to the hospital.