India vs West Indies 1st ODI: Records, statistics and pitch report
The first of 3 ODIs begins on July 22, 2022
All the ODI matches will be played at the Queen's Park Oval
India enter the series as favourites
Here is the head-to-head record of both the teams as they play the series starter:
1. At the Queen's Park Oval, West Indies has participated in 57 one-day international matches. Of those, they have won 27, lost 25, and had five matches end in a tie.
2. India has played 21 One-Day Internationals in Port of Spain, winning 11, losing 9, and having one game end in a tie.
3. India and West Indies have faced here 16 times, with West Indies winning 7 times, India 8 times and no result in one match.
5. West Indies' last five ODIs: L L L L L
Here are some of the stats of One Day Internationals at the Queen's Park Oval:
1. No. of matches the the team batting first won: 30
2. No. of matches the team batting second won: 34
3.Average score for the team batting first: 217
4. Highest score at the Queen's Park Oval: 413/5 (India-2007)
5. Lowest score at the Queen's Park Oval: 7510 (Canada-2006)
Here’s the pitch report of the Queen's Park Oval:
At the Queen's Park Oval, pacers, spinners, and hitters can all get adequate support. After almost three years, an ODI game will be played at this stadium.
The batters will be drawn to the track because of its consistent bounce. They can play their strokes appropriately based on the surface bounce. The batters will benefit fully from their timing of shots because the outfield of the stadium is extremely quick.
The pacers will be able to advance the ball in the opening overs of the contest. The contest will take place in cloudy conditions, which will undoubtedly help the pacers. The pitch slows down a little in the middle overs, and the spinners will also be used.