The 2022 NFL Season began with a big match between the Los Angeles Rams and the Buffalo Bills at the Sofi Stadium as the reigning Super Bowl Champions were defeated by a huge margin. The final scoreline read as 31-10 in favor of the Bills.
Running Backs did a good job in the opening week. From Jamaal Williams to Saquon Barkley all performed well in their respective matches. The top two picks in fantasy football, Christian McCaffrey and Jonathan Taylor also played well in their team’s season-opening clashes.
Let’s have a look at the top performances of the RBs in Week 1:-
1) Jamaal Williams (Detroit Lions): – Williams had a very good game as he finished with two touchdowns to his name and ended the game with 11 carries for 28 yards against the Philadelphia Eagles in Week 1.
2) Khalil Herbert (Chicago Bears): – Herbert played well in the Bears’ opening match of the season against the San Francisco 49ers. He scored a touchdown while also rushing for 45 yards in just 9 carries in the game.
3) Saquon Barkley (New York Giants): – Barkley recorded one touchdown and had 18 carries for 138 yards as the Giants won their first match of the season against the Tennessee Titans with the final score reading 23-20.
4) Jonathan Taylor (Indianapolis Colts): – The fantasy football number 1 pick in 2022, Taylor had a stellar game as he finished the game with 31 carries for 161 yards and he also scored a touchdown.
5) Christian McCaffrey (Carolina Panthers): – McCaffrey had a decent game for the Panthers as the team was defeated by the Cleveland Browns in the first week of the new NFL season. McCaffrey recorded one touchdown while carrying the football 10 times for 33 yards.