The newest season of the National Football League starts tomorrow with a big opening day clash between the 2022 Super Bowl Champs, Los Angeles Rams and Buffalo Bills. The Rams would be hoping to start their new campaign just the way they ended their last one – with a win. Bills, on the other hand, would like to get a victory in their opening game this time around as they lost their season opener last year.
In another important match of Week 1, Tampa Bay Buccaneers will go head to head against the most valuable sports team in the world, the Dallas Cowboys. Elsewhere, Kansas City Chiefs play against the Arizona Cardinals while Baker Mayfield will play against his former team in Cleveland Browns.
Top 5 players to watch out for in the opening week of the 2022 NFL season: –
1) Tom Brady, QB Tampa Bay Buccaneers: – The NFL GOAT’s absence for 11 days during the NFL preseason caught a lot of attention from football fans all over the globe. The 45-year-old quarterback will be entering his 23rd NFL season and will hope to get one more Super Bowl ring, his eighth overall before he retires from the sport and enters his broadcasting venture with Fox networks.
2) Baker Mayfield, QB, Carolina Panthers: – The Panthers acquired Mayfield in the off-season as his former team, the Browns signed Deshaun Watson at QB and this left the player with no choice but to exit the franchise. He will be playing against the team that drafted him and will be eyeing a win against them.
3) Davante Adams, WR, Las Vegas Raiders: – Adams signed with the Raiders in this year’s off-season. This marks his first season since being drafted and playing at Green Bay Packers. Adams will link up his college teammate, QB Derek Carr in Las Vegas and will hope to continue being the top receiver that he was during his Packers tenure.
4) Lamar Jackson, QB, Baltimore Ravens: – Jackson has been going through contract negotiations with his team ever since last season ended. He has no agent at his disposal and is representing himself in the negotiation process and with many QBs like Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, and Deshaun Watson signing extremely high contracts, it will be interesting to see how the player performs in the season opener against the New York Jets.
5) Jonathan Taylor, RB, Indianapolis Colts: – Fantasy Football’s number-one choice player, Taylor, will enter his third season in the NFL. The player is fresh off leading the league in rushing yards and rushing touchdowns this past year. He also became NFL’s youngest player with at least 2,000 yards (2,171) and 20 touchdowns (20) in a single season in 2021.