- The complaint was filed by a Lucknow-based man Pratap Chandra
- He accused Serum Insititute's Adar Poonawalla of fraud
- The complaint named ICMR director-general Dr Balram Bhargava too
- Sputnik V vaccine is currently being manufactured by Dr Reddy's Laboratories in India
- SII had submitted an application to the DCGI on Thursday
- SII plans to seek restricted emergency use permission of the Sputnik V in the country
New Delhi, Jun 4 (PTI) Serum Institute of India CEO Adar Poonawalla on Friday thanked US President Joe Biden and External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar for a policy change that will boost the ...
New Delhi, June 3 (PTI) Domestic vaccine major Serum Institute of India is seeking indemnity from liability for its COVID vaccines, saying that the rules should be same for all the ...
Mumbai, June 1 (PTI) The Bombay High Court on Tuesday said the Maharashtra government must assure the Serum Institute of India's (SII) CEO, Adar Poonawalla, of requisite security in the wake of ...
Mumbai, May 19 (PTI) Even as the Maharashtra government had earlier said that the state would start getting Covishield vaccine doses May 20 onwards, that possibility appears to be dim as ...
- Adar Poonawalla is the only Indian among the top 10 leaders, including New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern
- Ardern tops the list and has been recognised for her role to stop the spread of COVID-19 in New Zealand
- Poonawalla has been recognised for making efforts to bring an end to the global pandemic by supplying COVID-19 vaccines
- A govt panel has recommended increasing the gap between the first and the second dose of the Covishield vaccine
- The decision was backed by the CEO of Serum Institute of India, Adar Poonawalla
- WHO's chief scientist Soumya Swaminathan found the delay in vaccine doses improved its efficacy
- We will start the vaccination for the 18-44 years age group after we receive the vaccine: State health minister
- On Wednesday, 46,781 fresh COVID-19 cases and 816 deaths were reported in the state
- There are 546,129 active coronavirus cases in the state
Vaccine manufacturing a specialised process, cannot ramp up production overnight: SII's Adar Poonawalla
New Delhi, May 3 (PTI) Adar Poonawalla -- whose firm makes India's most used COVID vaccine -- on Monday ruled out the possibility of ramping up production overnight, saying vaccine making ...