Mumbai, Jul 15 (PTI) The Indian rupee strengthened by 12 paise to 74.47 against the US dollar in early trade on Thursday, as a dovish US Fed pulled the greenback lower.
- The S&P 500 and Dow closed higher as Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell reiterated that stimulus will continue
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.1% at 34,933.23
- Inflation may jeopardise market momentum and weaken the Fed's credibility
- Federal Reserve chief maintained a dovish stance on monetary policy
- Producer price index data showed an increase of 7.3% for the 12 months ended in June
- Investors are on red alert over global inflation as galloping prices could force policymakers to raise interest rates
Mumbai, Jul 14 (PTI) Halting its three-day winning run, the rupee on Wednesday declined by 10 paise to close at 74.59 (provisional) against the US dollar.
Mumbai, Jun 23 (PTI) The rupee snapped its two-day losing streak to settle 10 paise higher at 74.27 against the US dollar on Wednesday, tracking a weak greenback overseas.