Chennai, Jul 21 (PTI) Fervour marked Eid-al-Adha, also known as Bakrid celebrations in Tamil Nadu on Wednesday, with the devout offering prayers at mosques in conformity with Covid-19 protocols.
A Muslim pilgrim prays during symbolic stoning of the devil ritual during the Hajj pilgrimage in Mina, near Mecca. (AP/PTI Photo)
- The hajj ministry has allowed women of all ages to make the pilgrimage without a male relative, known as a "mehrem"
- The decision is part of social reforms rolled out by de facto leader Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman
- Officials have said that 40% of this year's pilgrims are women
Just 60,000 people have been selected to take part in this year's hajj(Photo Credits : AP/PTI(AP31-07-2020_000137B))
- Muslim pilgrims ascended Saudi Arabia's Mount Arafat on Monday
- Just 60,000 people, all citizens or residents of Saudi Arabia, have been selected to take part in this year's hajj
- Worshippers will assemble on the 70-metre (230-foot) high hill
This year's hajj participants have been chosen through a lottery. (Photo credit: Unsplash)
- Pilgrims began arriving in the holy city of Mecca on Saturday
- Saudi Arabia is allowing only 60,000 fully vaccinated residents this year
- Authorities confirmed that not a single coronavirus case has been reported amongst the pilgrims
Deoghar (Jharkhand), Apr 14 (PTI) Jharkhand's Congress MLA Irfan Ansari on Wednesday performed puja at the famous Baidyanath Dham temple at Deoghar, considered to be the most sacred abode of ...