- The mural was spray-painted in red letters
- George Floyd grew up in Third Ward
- Floyd died last year after ex-veteran police officer Derek Chauvin pressed down his knee on his neck
- The minimum sentence Chauvin is expected to get is of 12 years
- The location has been covered with flowers, candles and stuffed toys
- People have been coming to pay their respects despite in severe cold
- People gathered at the very location of the murder while the jury announced its decision
- US Justice Department launched a civil investigation into the police department of the city of Minneapolis
- This comes a day after former officer Derek Chauvin was convicted of murdering African-American George Floyd
- The probe will examine whether the police systematically engaged in the use of excessive force
- Chauvin is described by his colleagues as rigid and silent
- The guilty verdict amounts to one of the most high-profile, high-stakes US court results in decades
- Since the Floyd killing, few details have filtered out about Chauvin
Washington, Apr 21 (PTI) Several Indian-American lawmakers and groups have welcomed the decision of a federal grand jury in Minneapolis holding Derek Chauvin, a former police officer, guilty on ...
Washington, Apr 21 (PTI) A federal grand jury has found Derek Chauvin, a former Minneapolis police officer, guilty on all three counts of murder of African American George Floyd last year.