.New York, NY, USA
Major League Baseball had scheduled just one game on Thursday. (Representative Image: Unsplash)
- MLB postponed Thursday's Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees
- MLB said the game postponed "to allow for continued testing and contact tracing"
- Yankees said in a statement that three of their players had test positive
.Denver, CO, USA
The arrests were made on Friday. (Photo Credit: Representative Image/Pixabay)
- The arrests were made in Downton Denver at Maven Hotel
- Investigative authorities say there is no connection between the MLB event and the arrests, so far
- The MLB All-Stars game will be played on Tuesday
.Los Angeles, CA, USA
SShohei Ohtani leads the league in home runs with 30. (Photo Credit: Twitter/@gregbeacham)
- The roster for Major League Baseball's All-Star game was announced on Sunday
- Shohei Ohtani will both pitch and hit for the American League team
- He is the first player in MLB history to do so
.New Delhi, Delhi, India
The uniforms for the 2021 MLB All Star Game have not gone down well with fans. (Photo Credit: Twitter/@AllStarGame)
- Major League Baseball (MLB) on Thursday unveiled the jerseys for the 2021 All-Star game
- It is scheduled to be played in Denver on July 13
- The All-Star Game was initially slated to be held in Atlanta but was moved to Denver
.Washington D.C., DC, USA
The MLB All-Stars game is scheduled for July 13. (Photo Credit: Representative Image/Unsplash)
- The voting would be conducted in two phases
- Fans can vote on multiple platforms
- Results would be announced on July 1, 2021
Republicans have been leading an uproar to MLB relocating their All-Star event out of Atlanta. (Photo Credit: Twitter/@GregAbbott_TX)
- Greg Abbott will not throw the ceremonial first pitch at the Texas Rangers home opener
- MLB moved the All-Star game from Atlanta to protest against Georgia voting laws
- Abbott argued that the league has been influenced by "partisan political politics"
The MLB has moved the All Star game from Atlanta’s Truist Park. (Photo Credit: AP/PTI)
- MLB the All-Star Game and Draft from Atlanta to protest laws restricting voting rights
- Mitch McConnell warned US industry against "economic blackmail"
- The Republican leader also accused companies of bowing to "far-left mobs"
The previous venue for the MLB All Stars Game was set in Georgia. (Photo Credit: Representative Image/Unsplash)
- The decision to move the game was announced by MLB chief Rob Manfred
- He said, "It's a difficult decision but I certainly support it."
- Similar relocations were done in the 1993 superbowl and 2017 NBA All Stars match
The game was scheduled for July 13, 2021. (Representative Image: Unsplash)