Washington, Sep 10 (PTI) The interim Taliban government does not reflect what the international community and the United States hoped to see, the Biden Administration said on Thursday.
Washington, Sep 2 (PTI) Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla arrived in the United States capital on Wednesday to hold meetings with senior officials from US President Joe Biden's administration.
Washington, Aug 28 (PTI) The US has said it expects "deeds, not words" and "follow through" on pledges by the Taliban to recognise the group diplomatically.
- The Taliban forces took over the entirety of Afghanistan on Sunday
- In last 24 hours, 12 C-17 military planes, containing more than 2,000 passengers, left Kabul
- Over 5,200 US troops are presently in Kabul.
- The US negotiators warned the Taliban that they will not receive any foreign aid
- "Let me be very clear about this: The embassy remains open," Ned Price said
- The Biden administration has not ruled out a full embassy evacuation
US deploying troops in Kabul to support the orderly and safe reduction of civilian personnel from Afghanistan
Washington, Aug 13 (PTI) The Biden administration is deploying several thousands of its troops to the Kabul airport to support the orderly and safe reduction of civilian personnel mainly from ...
- Diplomatic work will continue at the embassy, State Department said
- Troops are being deployed for additional ground and air support
- About 650 troops were earlier retained in Afghanistan by the Pentagon
Washington, Aug 12 (PTI) Amid Taliban forces increasingly gaining ground in Afghanistan with some accounts putting 60 per cent of its territory under their control, the White House ...