Chandigarh, Sep 19 (PTI) Vice President of India M Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday praised the grit and determination of Indian Paralympians, saying they brought cheer and hope to the entire nation ...
- The auction is being organised by the Ministry of Culture until October 7
- The proceeds of the auction will contribute to the 'Namami Gange' project
- All the equipment has been signed by the respective athletes
- In the 2016 Rio Paralympics, India had won 4 medals
- India ended Tokyo Paralympics with 19 medals
- Bhavina Patel won India's first medal at the Paralympic Games
- Javelin thrower Sumit Antil won a gold medal at the Tokyo Paralympics
- Devendra Jhajharia, Yogesh Kathuniya and Sharad Kumar were also given a warm welcome
- The athletes were welcomed enthusiastically by SAI officials
New Delhi, Sep 3 (PTI) Four Indian para athletes, including javelin throw gold medallist Sumit Antil, on Friday returned home to a never-seen-before boisterous welcome during which supporters ...
- Sumit Antil and Avani Lekhara (19) shone the brightest with their epoch-making gold medals
- The free tickets would be available to the two athletes on both domestic and international routes
- Sumit Antil won his gold medal in the men's javelin event
New Delhi, Aug 31 (PTI) IndiGo on Tuesday announced it will offer unlimited free tickets for one year to Avani Lekhara and Sumit Antil, who won gold medals at the Tokyo Paralympics.
- India has surpassed its best-ever performance at the Paralympics with 7 medals so far
- India had won 4 medals at the 2016 Rio and the 1984 New York/Mandeville Paralympics
- Avani Lekhara and Sumit Anthil have won gold medals in shooting and javelin throw events respectively
- Commenting on his gold medal, Sumit Antil said: "It is a dream come true"
- Before shifting his focus to javelin, Sumit Antil was a wrestler
- The athlete is a student of Delhi's Ramjas College
Tokyo, Aug 30 (PTI) Records tumbled and history was scripted more than once as India's Paralympians, both young and old, recorded their best ever Games medal haul on just the sixth day of ...