According to a Reuters report, a Taliban spokesman said the US drone strike resulted in civilian casualties. The spokesman said that the United States should have informed the Taliban before ordering the strike.
Talking to China's state television CGTN on Monday, Spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said the US strike killed seven people. He described the US action on foreign soil as unlawful.
He said the US should have told the Taliban about any potential threat in Afghanistan and they should have not an carried arbitrary attack that has resulted in civilian casualties.
Meanwhile, Pentagon said the suicide car bomber was preparing to attack the Kabul airport, where the US troops were in the final stages of a withdrawal from Afghanistan.
US Central Command said it was investigating reports of civilian casualties from Sunday's drone strike.
On Thursday, Kabul was hit by two bombings. The United States, which has lost its 13 soldiers in the Kabul airport attack, launched a drone strike in Nangahar targeting an ISIS-K member believed to be involved in planning attacks against the US in Kabul on Saturday.
The United States has so far evacuated and facilitated the shifting of more than 109,200 people from Afghanistan since August 14.
Now, approximately 300 American citizens remain in Afghanistan who want to leave before President Joe Biden's Tuesday deadline for evacuations, national security adviser Jake Sullivan said on Sunday.
The Taliban captured Kabul on August 15 and led to the fall of Afghan government. Former president Ashraf Ghani fled the country the same day. Ever since the takeover, thousands of Afghans are trying to flee the country, fearing Taliban laws.
Earlier this year, the US, Afghan government and the Taliban entered into an agreement. The US agreed to withdraw its troops from the country after two decades of war.