In a series of disturbing events, Elia Olson, a fourteen-year boy from Wisconsin shot his girlfriend three times in the head after she tried to break up with him. The girl, identified as 14-year-old Jazlene Jones by her family, miraculously survived the attack. 

Olson was charged in Racine County Circuit Court with one felony count of first-degree attempted intentional homicide and one misdemeanor charge of possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under the age of 18. 

Also Read| Who is Vickie Williams, Georgia woman charged with murder of Darryl Getman, Shannon Getman?

Olson was charged Tuesday as an adult, according to a criminal complaint obtained. He can serve up to 60 years of jail if convicted. 

Who is Elia Olson?

Elia Olson is a fourteen-year-old boy from Racine County Wisconsin. Olson and his girlfriend Jones were strolling on city’s railroad lines to smoke on Sunday, January 8 about 25 miles south of Milwaukee. She told the investigators that when she talked to Olson her wanting to break up with him, he first ordered her to shut her phone down before tossing it aside, and then aimed a white gun at her head and fired a shot. She reportedly begged for her life in front of Olson but he said “You have to die,” before firing two or three times more. He later fled the scene. 

Also Read| TV journalist Nancy Grace slammed for setting up studio outside Idaho murder scene

Jones ran for help, informing a motorist near 21st Street and Memorial Drive about her situation, who later called 911. She was took by Flight for Life to Children’s Hospital in Milwaukee. 

Olson was apprehended at his friends house where a backpack was discovered with a .22 handgun and two magazines for a 9mm handgun. A search at his house lead to finding of bloody cloths. 

Olson admitted that he shot his girlfriend over the breakup and her snapchat posts. 

Racine County Eye reports that the boy was assigned a $500,000 cash bond at his initial appearance and was ordered to stay away from Jones and her family members. He will appear in court on January 18 for his preliminary hearing.