Chennai Super Kings and Delhi Capitals are all set to go against each other at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Saturday, April 10. Both the teams will look forward to set themselves at the top of the league table as they play their first match this season.
Here are five things to watch out for in CSK vs DC match on Saturday:
– Delhi Capitals have trusted wicket-keeper Rishabh Pant for captaincy after Shreyas Iyer was ruled out of the tournament due to a shoulder injury. It will be interesting to watch Pant’s performance and tactics after an added responsibility of captaincy.
The keeper-batsman is in a good form after emerging as match winner for India in series against Australia and England earlier this year and it would be important to see how he carries the weight of the captaincy.
– CSK batsman Suresh Raina‘s return to the IPL is all that fans are waiting for. The player was absent in the last season due to personal reasons and will be back to take the CSK flag high this season after they ended up seventh in the IPL 2020 table rankings.
Raina is the second highest run-scorer after Virat Kohli in the IPL history and has an all-time strike rate of 137.14. Fans are super excited to watch the batsman hit big shots after his absence in last season.
– Steve Smith was bought by the Delhi Capitals after being released from Rajasthan Royals in IPL auction in February this year. He is an innovative batsman who can play big shots and once he gets into the form, its impossible to stop him.
This IPL, it will be important to see his performance after he scored two successive centuries in ODI matches against India earlier this year.
– DC opener Shikhar Dhawan scored 618 runs last season and was also in good form against England in the recent series. The batsman has an all time strike rate in the IPL of more than 120 and will look to carry his good form this year as well.
– Mahendra Singh Dhoni will lead the CSK for one more time this year after ending up seventh in the table rankings last year as it was the first time CSK did not make it to the playoffs. However, we can see the return of the captain cool again this year will higher strike rate and destructive shots.