Students of UNC were spotted trying to jump out of building windows after reports of active shooter on campus. The first news conference is scheduled for 5 PM today. WRAL has confirmed 1 death so far. Previously, there was news of one injury as a result of the firing.

The reported gunshot at the University of North Carolina’s main campus in Chapel Hill has ended the lockdown. About three hours after telling students to take cover inside and steer clear of windows The institution said on X, formerly known as Twitter, on Monday,”All clear. All clear. Resume normal activities.”

However, Gov. Roy Cooper stated on X, formerly known as Twitter, that he had spoken to the Orange County sheriff and the state’s public safety secretary and “pledged all state resources needed to capture the shooter and protect the UNC campus.” This was despite the fact that school officials and local authorities withheld further information regarding the alleged shooting on campus. Cooper’s office declined to offer more details.

Also Read: Nevada rangers ram truck through climate protest blockade, arrest activists at gunpoint | Watch video

An apparent shooting at the University of North Carolina’s flagship campus Monday led students and faculty to barricade themselves in dorm rooms, offices and classrooms for hours until the lockdown was lifted.

Just after 1:00 p.m., the school’s first alert was distributed. Officials announced on X at 1:50 p.m. that the shelter-in-place order was still in place and that it was “an ongoing situation.” Remain sheltered in place”, the school posted about 40 minutes later.

Two hours after the initial alert, police continued to pour in, with roughly 50 police cars on the area and numerous helicopters circling the school.

Also Read: Who is Kyle Rittenhouse? Gun control group slammed over claiming Rittenhouse ‘not held accountable’ for 2020 shooting

“Inside, now!” said one cop as he warned two individuals who attempted to leave the student centre. A group of students were led out of one of the science buildings by police around ten minutes later, as everyone moved in a neat queue.