For centuries, yoga has served as a peaceful and invigorating escape from hectic and unhealthy lifestyles. The essence of the practice is ‘balance’, a key component that helps one lead a physically, emotionally, and mentally fulfilling life.
1. Triangle pose: Also known as Trikonasana, this pose boosts digestion while also lowering stress and anxiety levels. It is performed by standing with one’s legs apart and bending towards one side, forming the shape of a triangle.
2. Cobra pose: Also known as Bhujangasana, the Cobra pose consists of reclining one’s back while laying on the ground. The pose is beneficial for those who want to improve spinal mobility, relieve back pain, and release muscle tension.
3. Child’s pose: Also known as Balasana, this pose is performed by kneeling on the ground, bending forward, and extending one’s arms. Balasana helps in improving posture and relieving pain in the chest, back, and shoulder blades. It also boosts the digestive system.
4. Warrior pose: The warrior pose, also known as Virabhadrasana, is an effective position for those who are looking for a great stretch that releases muscle tension after sitting for long hours. It is done by standing with one’s feet apart, bending the front knee, elongating the other leg, and extending the arms horizontally.
5. Cow face pose: The cow pose, also known as Gomukhasana, stretches the entire body. It also helps in relieving anxiety and high blood pressure. Furthermore, the pose is extremely effective for those suffering from sciatica. Gomukhasana is done by raising the right arm, bending it, placing it behind the center of the back, and then repeating the same step with the left arm in order to clasp both hands together. The pose is completed by placing the knees on top of each other while performing deep breathing exercises.